This role also offers opportunities within the organisation to follow a career progression into the testing field!
About the opportunity
Due to significant growth, we currently we have a vacancy for a Rail Signal Electrician. Some of the key responsibilities include:
- Perform installation of electrical signalling systems, sub systems and equipment, confirming safety and reliability within defined budget and time constraints.
- Ensure that the installation of electrical signal systems and equipment is carried out in accordance with all relevant standards, practices and procedures.
- Perform installation works within the context of live rail locations following all ARO protocols for working in operating rail signalling environments.
- Supervise apprentices, electricians and trades assistants in the carrying out of day to day tasks, ensuring they are trained and competent to perform the tasks in a safe manner.
- Provide co-operative liaison with clients, sub contractors and other staff members with an emphasis on customer service.
- Assist in the materials and logistics management aspects of project delivery with a focus on cost effective solutions.
- Assist in ensuring compliance with Legislation applicable to the work group and its activities including Electrical Safety, Workplace Health and Safety and Environmental Management.
- Facilitate the assessment and control of hazards and risks as well as the investigation and reporting of all accidents and incidents..
- Certificate IV in Electrical – Rail Signalling
- QLD Electrical Licence (or equivalent)
- C Class Drivers Licence
A professional and flexible person will fit perfectly into our culture, someone who will be keen to take ownership but also be a team player.