Regional Rail Link City to Maribyrnong River
|Client:||Regional Rail Link Authority, Public Transport Victoria, V/Line, Metro Trains Melbourne, Australian Rail Track Corporation|
|Duration of works:||2012 - 2015|
|Location:||City to Maribrynong, Victoria, Australia|
- Resignalled existing arrival yards from Melbourne CBD
- Remodelled junctions to meet compliance standards.
- Built signal flyovers to eliminate grade crossings and integrate with existing interlockings.
- Project engineering, project management, scheme development, concept design and stage-work planning;
- Control tables and signalling arrangement design, verification and approvals;
- Independent review of signalling design, including Westlock and Smartlock CBI application data;
- Detailed design and verification – SER, locations, cable plans, bonding plans, power distribution plans etc;
- Principles testing – Westlock, Smartlock and Geographical systems;
- Tester in Charge; and
- Site pre-testing and commissioning.
The key challenges of the project were:
As the management of documentation was controlled by third parties, RCS Australia needed to implement and adhere to overlapping design agreements, ensuring close discussion and knowledge sharing with parallel work groups.
The key milestones of the project were:
RCS Australia was recognised with the alliance’s PRIDE Award for the design stages of the project, including SAP, bonding, cable running, Computer Based Interlocking architecture, control tables and three equipment rooms.